- Contract Screen
CITELCONTRACT® SCREEN is a collection of SUNLESS GLASS® fibreglass fabrics. It has been designed to produce roll-up curtains and blinds to provide sun protection and light management in an efficient and architecturally sound way in hotel and corporate buildings. For the first time, the collection includes the first Mixtrim® textiles, made up of a blend of fibreglass and acrylic solution fibres, resulting in a dual purpose (indoor and outdoor) upholstery fabric with fire retardant and fade-proof properties
- “EASYSCREEN” fibreglass: Inherent quality
CITELCONTRACT® SCREEN is a collection of SUNLESS GLASS® fibreglass fabrics. It has been designed to produce roll-up curtains and blinds to provide sun protection and light management in an efficient and architecturally sound way in hotel and corporate buildings. For the first time, the collection includes the first Mixtrim® textiles, made up of a blend of fibreglass and acrylic solution fibres, resulting in a dual purpose (indoor and outdoor) upholstery fabric with fire retardant and fade-proof properties.
The textiles in the CITELCONTRACT® SCREEN collection are made with mineral fibreglass threads with a plastisol PVC protective coating, which provides them with colour and other physical properties that shield it from exterior aggression: UV rays, natural elements and pollution.
The new EasyScreen® thread is obtained using an innovative and patented production process which enables the full cohesion of each microfilament and its coating: each of the 400 filaments making up the fibreglass thread is individually coated with plastisol. In other words, modification and protection is carried out in an “intimate” way, at the innermost core of the thread, unlike the standard immersion or extrusion coating process, as can be observed in the microscopic cross-sections of the thread.
- SUNLESS GLASS®
The CITELCONTRACT® SCREEN collection, made of SUNLESS GLASS®, has all the fiberglass benefits:
- Outstanding dimensional stability and strong mechanical resistance
- Non-combustible mineral fiber offers fireretardant fabrics. The fiberglass screen fabrics not only achieve the most demanding fireretardant security regulations but also keep your fabric structure, in contrast to polyester screen, when it is exposed to fire.
- Durability: mineral fiber lasts longer and it is a good heat stabilizer.
In addition to that, this fabric offers extra properties thanks to the plastisol covering, which has been specially formulated:
- Color fastness to and UV resistance
- Weatherproof and chemical resistant
- EasyScreen® Spinning
Our innovative EasyScreen® spinning process adds besides new benefits:
- Better tear resistance: EasyScreen® is two times more tear-resistant than a classic screen and nine times more tear-resistant after water immersion
- Outdoor and under e xtreme weather conditions, it provides an exceptional and much longer use resistance than a classical screen.
- Our EasyScreen® system, thanks to this individual filament protection, solves the pleat fragility of fiberglass and provides bigger ductility.
- Also when used outdoor and due t o its tensile strength to wind resistance, you can save up to 15% on the making up time, since selvages and bands are not necessary.
- Finally, the EasyScreen® spinning, due to its low capillarity, allows a clean cut fabric without suffering edges fray.
- Aperture Factor
In a hotel room, as in many other types of rooms, protecting privacy while enjoying natural light is important. A screen textile enables us to accurately gauge the amount of light required to avoid glare but see the world outside. Its careful structure provides privacy while also allowing us to enjoy ‘our room with a view’.
The aperture factor (1%, 3%, 5%, 10%) is the percentage of gaps in respect of the overall surface area of the fabric. Depending on this, the light passing through the fabric can be gauged to allow for optimal technical and visual comfort.
The ARKI series offers four aperture factors: ARKI-1, ARKI-3, ARKI-5 and ARKI-10. Each one is available in 12 colours. They all look the same, with their corresponding aperture factor. By using the right combination in a building, taking into account the orientation of each façade and use of each room, a light filtration plan can be customised, unifying or combining colours according to decorative criteria. Filtración de luz, uniformando o combinando colores en función de los criterios decorativos.
- Mixtrim® Next upholstery
Mixtrim® is a dual-purpose fabric, for interior and exterior, designed for upholstery and other decorative fabric coverings.
It retains the highest level of properties required from the Contract world. Its combined structure of fibreglass and solution dyed acrylic threads is both fire retardant and fade-proof.
Both properties are inherent to the material, and not the result of any unstable finishing process. This is therefore a next generation fabric whose properties are still being enhanced by our engineers.
In this book we present two series of the Mixtrim® fabric: SANTORINI and MENORCA, each available in 8 colours. It is a high performance and easy maintenance fabric. It offers technical efficiency, although the blend of materials gives it a very pleasant texture. From a decorative perspective, the blend of materials of many colours gives it a minimalist mottled appearance with myriad chromatic combinations.